Sunday, July 10, 2011

Update on todays activities

Today we had a chance a take some of the kids from the orphanage on a field trip up the mountains, and to the falls.  This was a rewarding experience since these kids don´t really get a chance to participate in such activities and they were very grateful.  In addition, tonight we will be making some food baskets to donate to the community.  I am really excited. 

There´s one child that I have been particularly intrigued by.. Her name is Jessica, she is an orphan who is about 4 to 5 years old.  When they found her she was extremely malnutritioned.  She has a strange abdominal protrusion and a curvature in her spine. She is very withdrawn from the rest of the kids. I try to make a point to try and connect with her.

Tomorrow, is the start of second year of dental school and I will be missing a couple of days since I am here in Hondouras.  I can´t wait to get back to school.  With all the dental work we have done here it has made me more motivated to learn about the procedures.  I definately have a lot of questions. 

Well I have to run dinner is almost ready (Im guessing its rice and beans lol).  Then I will be off to my ¨hotel suite¨ where I hope to not find another Tranchilla tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment